Tour of Koman Lake Valbona Theth and Shkoder in Five Days
The tour to Koman Lake, Valbona, Theth and Shkoder is a special interest hiking and culture tour program exclusively designed to offer participants the best combination of pristine wild nature, unforgettable ferry ride through the heart of the Albanian Alps, local folklore and traditions. During these 5 days you will be able to visit most of the tourist attractions of Northern Albania.
Tirana to Koman Lake to Valbona Valley to Theth to Shkoder to Tirana
We start traveling to Koman Lake in Northern Albania, by leaving Tirana early in the morning at 05:00. The ferry leaves Koman Lake at 09:00 am navigating right at the heart of the Albanian Alps. The Koman lake ferry trip offers some spectacular views of the Albanian Alps, waterfalls, rural villages and wild forests. Overnight in a traditional guesthouse by the lake Koman in a small village called Berishë. .
New in 2017: Exploring the area through kayaking along the lake.
We get on the boat from Berisha villageat (about 11:00) to Fierza damn. The tour to Valbona continues through the city of Bajram Curri. We will travel to Valbona Valley National Park for about 30 minutes until we arrive at the Guesthouse. After a delicious traditional lunch, we explore some of the main attractions, such as trekking from Valbona to Kukaj, the farthest neighborhood in Valbona Valley, pretty rural and remote, the “Old Mill” and the centre of the village.
Overnight and dinner in the Valbona guesthouse.
Trekking to Theth from Valbona would be an intense day as the walk takes about 6 hours in a remote terrain, but defiantly worthy!
The Valbona pass to Theth offers a spectacular view of the Balkan Peaks and Bjeshket e Nemuna, thus the picnic lunch on the top of the mountains will be our reward.
After reaching Theth we take a short break. During the afternoon we visit the Ethnographic Museum of Theth, the old Church and the “Lock in” Tower (symbol of Theth) and its fascinating story in centuries.
Dinner and overnight at the guesthouse in Theth.
The hiking tour of Theth continues to "Syri i Kaltër" (The Blue Eye of Theth) and "Vaskat" Gurna’s Canyons, formed from the Black River, which flaw out from the Black Top. The Blue Eye is formed by the erosion of the rocks by the water that descends from the mountains. The trekking from Theth to Syri i Kaltër will be the main activity of this day since it the path takes about 3 hours from the guesthouse.
Picnic lunch at the “Blue Eye” park.
Dinner and overnight in the guesthouse in Theth.
After breakfast, early in the morning, we hike from Theth to the Waterfall.
We start traveling from Theth to Shkoder at about 11:00 am.
Shkodra is the main city of Northern Albania. City tour of Shkodra where we will visit the city center, the famous pedestrian boulevard “Pedonale”, the Cathedral of Shkodra, main Mosque and the Orthodox Church.
We have our final lunch (not included in the price) by the Buna River with an amazing view of the Rozafa castle. After lunch we get on the way to the final destination, Tirana.
This is where we give you some warm greetings from Choose Balkans team and we wish to see you again next time.
- Professional tour guide throughout the whole trip
- Hotel pickup in Tirana
- Transport from Tirana to Koman
- Ferry Ticket Koman to Berisha Village
- Canoeing Equipments in Koman Lake
- 1 overnight in Guesthouse in Bersha village
- Ferry ticket from Berisha to Fierza damn
- Transport from Fierza to Valbona
- 1 overnights in Guesthouse in Valbona
- Guide, which shows the trekking from Valbona – Theth (about 7 hours of walk).
- 2 overnight in Guesthouse in Theth
- 4 Lunches, 4 dinners and 4 Breakfasts for all overnights during the tour.
- City Tour of Shkoder during the return to Tirana
- Price 350 Euros/Person
* Please note that prices are calculated on triple or quadruples room occupancy. Double or single room occupancy is possible on extra charge.
* Double room occupancy is possible on 10 Euros extra charge per night per person.
* Single room occupancy is possible on 20 Euros extra charge per night per person.
- Drinks & Snacks
- Personal spending
Possible options about this tour:
- Mule or Horse Caravan, to carry heavy luggage, is available on request with an extra charge of 50 Euros.
- On request this tour may also depart from other cities of Albania or neighbouring countries such as Kosovo, Montenegro Macedonia. Please contact us for more information on the extra costs.
- This tour can also be done under the same conditions with the inverse itinerary.
Credits & Copyrights for Video - Christine Keller
Credits for the Amazing photos our friend #Nëntor_Oseku & Choose Balkans Team